You’re health conscious, but sometimes you have a craving for something sweet and delicious. Unfortunately, most of the prepared desserts you find at grocery stores are filled with fat and sugar. If you’re too busy to prepare your own healthy dessert, what are your options?
Here are some delicious and healthy dessert treats you can make in a jiffy. Plus, they won’t put the pounds on you.
1. Slice some fresh fruit into thin pieces. Mix low fat yogurt with low fat whipped topping. Spoon the whipped topping mixture onto the fresh fruit. Sprinkle cinnamon on top and enjoy.
2. Cut an apple or peach in half. Spray it lightly with canola oil spray. Sprinkle with brown sugar and grill until soft and fragrant. Top with sugar-free syrup or low-fat whipped topping for a healthy dessert treat.
3. Place a scoop of fat-free vanilla ice cream into a bowl. Add one of the many flavors of sugar-free coffee syrups. You’ll find delicious flavors such as almond, vanilla, caramel, raspberry and many more with zero calories per serving. Sprinkle lightly with nuts for a healthy dessert that’s guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth.
4. Have a cup of sugar-free gelatin with a scoop of low-fat whipped topping. You can buy flavored gelatin in single serving size containers at your grocery store.
5. Here’s a super easy way to make sorbet. Place two cups of strawberries and two cups of blueberries into a blender along with 1/2 cup of water. Add 1/2 cup of sugar or low-calorie sweetener and a pinch of salt. Puree until smooth. Pour the pureed berry mixture through a sieve into a freezer safe container. Freeze for around 2 hours. Allow it to thaw a few minutes before serving.
6. Mix fat-free vanilla yoghurt with a small amount of peanut butter and brown sugar. Mix well and use as a dip for fresh apple slices.
7. Make a parfait by layering fresh fruit with fat-free whipped topping. Sprinkle with cinnamon or cocoa and enjoy.
8. Take two graham crackers or other low-fat cookies and sandwich non-fat whipped topping between them. Freeze in your freezer until firm. You now have a guilt-free ice-cream sandwich.
9. Have a cappuccino prepared with skim milk and a shot of sugar-free coffee syrup for a satisfying healthy dessert treat.
10. Make a healthy smoothie by combining fresh berries with skim milk, fat-free yogurt and ice in your blender. Blend until smooth.
11. Drizzle sugar-free angel food cake with fat-free Hershey’s chocolate syrup. Sprinkle with nuts for a dessert that tastes much more decadent than it actually is.
12. Make a quick root beer float by combining sugar-free root bear with a scoop of low-fat ice cream. Delicious!
Next time you crave something sweet, give these quick and healthy desserts a try. You’ll feel proud that you didn’t blow your healthy eating plan.